What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you which are goods, such as wine or spirits. The purchase of vouchers which enable you to purchase goods from our website will also be governed by these terms.
Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Who we are. We are Gardabani Holdings Ltd trading under the name of ‘Gardabani Wines”. Gardabani Holdings Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12441137 and our registered office is at 116 Pall Mall, SW1Y 5ED, London, UK
How to contact us. You can contact us by emailing our customer service team at [email protected] or by writing to us at 116 Pall Mall, SW1Y 5ED, London, UK
How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU
How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point an agreement will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK. If you are outside the UK and you would like to order any of the products displayed on the website you should contact us to see if we are able to assist you.
- All prices on our website are listed as Duty Paid – this means they are inclusive of UK duty and VAT.
- Prices apply only to orders placed online and may differ from those offered through other channels. Any promotions advertised on our website may not be available through other channels.
- We reserve the right to alter prices and promotions at any time without notice.
- Although we try very hard to ensure prices are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. We will not be obliged to fulfil orders for items that are priced incorrectly.
- Although we attempt to ensure stock levels are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. We will not be obliged to fulfil orders for items which are unavailable.
- If the vintage has changed and we consider the replacement vintage to be of good quality, we will may send the alternative vintage without consulting you.
- If we are unsure or need to replace your ordered wine with a different wine, we’ll consult with you and may send your order in two deliveries at our discretion.
- Individual wine bottles (especially from older vintages) vary in appearance. The photographs on our website are for illustrative purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the appearance of the bottle(s) you will receive.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures and product packaging or labelling may vary. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the products accurately, we cannot guarantee that the image displayed on the website will match the product in all respects and your product may vary slightly from such images. In particular, the packaging or labelling of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- You must be of legal drinking age in your country of residence (18 in the UK) to order alcohol on our website. If you are buying a gift the recipient must also be over 18.
- When you place an order online you will receive an order confirmation email. This acknowledges that your order has been received but not confirmed. Confirmation is subject to stock, payment, description and price verification and validation. Once this has been carried out, we will send you a despatch confirmation email, and at this point your contract to purchase is complete. If there are any problems, we will contact you. We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time until the contract to purchase is complete.
- When you give us your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine. You are also confirming that you are over 18. We will cancel any order that fails our credit card fraud checks, or on the advice of our payment provider, the issuing bank or the cardholder.
- If an order is shown to be fraudulent, we will inform the police and cancel any further orders by the same customer. For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- We only accept orders for delivery to physical addresses. We do not accept orders for delivery to P.O. boxes.
- We take your privacy very seriously and will only pass your details on to 3rd parties when necessary to fulfil your order i.e. warehouse operators, couriers etc.
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product to:-
- reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements to, for example to address changes in legislation regarding labelling or packaging; or
- substitute a vintage where a specific vintage has become unavailable, we may supply an appropriate substitute vintage (which would usually be the next available vintage).
Any such changes will not affect your use or enjoyment of the product. If you are unhappy with any changes we have made you should contact us to discuss.
Major changes to the products. If we make major changes (such as altering the price of a product where there has been a mistake or offering to substitute a product for one that you have ordered that is out of stock) then you will have the option to either accept or reject any such change.
- Although we make every effort to ensure orders are delivered on time, all delivery dates and times are estimates and not guarantees. Please bear with us, as we do our best to get all orders delivered on time, but we are somewhat at the mercy of the courier networks, especially at peak periods.
- We are conscious of our environmental impact and reuse grower packaging where possible and appropriate to the delivery method. You can help us by ordering unmixed cases of 6 bottles! Otherwise wine will be repacked in transit-safe packaging.
Our couriers may ask for signature and / or proof that the recipient is over 18 on delivery. This helps to protect you and us, so please help them. If you agree to have your wine delivered without signature, or left in an unsecured location (e.g. porch, neighbour, in the dustbin), responsibility for completed delivery passes to you and we will accept the assurance of our courier that delivery has been completed.
- If your order or part of your order is broken in transit, we will issue a refund for the broken items or arrange a replacement. Should your order arrive damaged we ask that you either refuse the entire delivery or note down the damage with the delivery driver when receiving the goods. If you sign for the goods without doing this, we will assume they have been received in good condition.
- If the wrong products are delivered to you in error, we will replace them (provided we can still supply the product(s) from stock) or have them returned to us and issue a refund. You will not be liable for any additional delivery charges.
- If you are not able to receive delivery and you do not rearrange it with our courier within their specified time frame, your order may be returned to us. Should this happen, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent delivery attempts.
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are defective or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
Free Next Day Delivery (‘Express Delivery’) – offered as standard to all mainland UK postcodes for orders over £100 that are placed before 1pm Monday to Thursday. We achieve a 97% success rate on deliveries arriving the following working day, provided the order is placed before 1pm Monday to Thursday.
- We use a DPD fulfilment service. You will receive a tracking number via email and/or via text message if you provide a mobile number with your order.
- You may request that the courier leaves the wine in a safe place if you are out, however if you do so, you accept liability for receipt in good condition. If no special instructions are left, the courier will leave a non-delivery card and you will be able to arrange re-delivery.
Where is my wine?
- If your order goes missing, or is damaged between dispatch and delivery, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your instructions.